Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Torn About the Weather

It's rained THREE days in a row.  Nothing happened on Monday but scaffolding was delivered on Tuesday and this afternoon, there were actually people assembling the scaffolding.

As much as I know that this rain and the cooler weather would have brought a lot of relief to the bushfire affected areas, I can't help but feel disappointed (sorry!)  I went to Stanhope Gardens today and found all these new homes getting built which were not there only a month ago.  There was a whole lot of project homes getting built in front of the shopping centre and people were actually working through the drizzly day.  I wished right there and then that people would work on our house but I guess it may be a safety issue.  That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see people there at around 3.45pm after I picked up the kids.  My kids were actually the ones who suggested we dropped by and although I told them I'd already done that in the morning, we're lucky that we still went.

No comments:

Post a Comment