Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bricks All Done!


It's soooo exciting!!!  The bricks are all done after the brickies worked 5 more days on our house. Through that time, I was able to drop by twice to bring some fruit.  

Today, I rang around 11.30am and the head honcho said they were just cleaning up.  I hurriedly bought some food and treated them to fried chicken, fried rice and coke.  I know, I know, their work is finished already.  No more reason to woo them.  However, I truly wanted to thank them for working through some of the hottest days we've had this summer and doing a great job at that (according to our site supervisor).

There were left-over bricks which I asked to be left in case we wanted to use them for a mailbox or across the front yard.  According to our site supervisor, they do leave the intact bricks behind.  I really appreciate our site supervisor as I left a message for him at midday and by 2pm, he had rung me back with all the details I needed plus more.  He was very forthcoming with the schedule and had even given me the estimated finish time, with and without the rain days (2 weeks) & Christmas shutdown (3 weeks).  At this stage, we are apparently 13 weeks and two days into the building since he got the paperwork.  Take away the 5 week allowance and we would be only on week 8.  That's not too bad considering the timeline I managed to find from another builder.

He has the cleaning of the bricks booked in on Saturday, scaffold adjustment on Monday, fascia and gutters on Tuesday & Wednesday, and the roof tiles will start to go on on Thursday or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment