Thursday, January 15, 2009

True to Their Word



I was most excited to find a vehicle in front of our site at 9.30 this morning!  Saw two men doing measurements on the slab, but I don't think they saw me past the piles of wood right in front.

What made it more impressive is that today was meant to be a scorcher, with forecasts of temps reaching 40 in the west.  Well, it was actually over 42 in Penrith today!  So, I decided to thank them for turning up at all by picking up bottles of water, watermelon (which I cut up), and Red Bulls (I saw a couple of V in their vehicle), freezing them and dropping them off just before noon.

I braved the heat with the three boys which wasn't easy as my 20 month old has been running 40 degree temps since last night.  We met the two gentlemen, coincidentally, both named James, like our oldest son.  They were sitting under a tree and they said they will stay until it gets too hot.  I said I couldn't blame them.  Nice folks.  Found out they did intend to work through the holidays but since all the other contractors they used, shut down (like cranes), they couldn't do much.  They're still technically on holidays but they were on our site.  So, I was very appreciative.  They, too, appreciated the little loot I brought them.  As I see it, these people are building our house and having been in customer service and sales for so long, I know that I like to go the extra mile for nice customers.  I hope they do, too.   

I also asked if they do timber decks and they said they did.  So, I'll speak to them about this later.

After dinner, we drove to the site and found some of the frames laid on the slab, ready to be put up, I guess.  Can't wait until tomorrow!  The older James said frames should be up within 7-8 days.  Woohoo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment