Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Frames Scheduled to Go Up Tomorrow or Friday

I rang our site supervisor this afternoon as I've not heard from him yesterday. He actually answered the phone (for the first time!) It was specified in our letter from Clarendon that he preferred to be contacted between 1.30pm-4pm.

Well, I tried to build a little bit of a rapport asking how his break was and he seemed to respond favourably to my warmth. After all, I have to be on his good side as he's responsible for the building of our dream.

He said, he had just spoken with the contractor who plans to put the frames up tomorrow or Friday and once he starts there, he will pretty much be there continuously except for some small jobs he is needed for like eaves or repairs, etc. That sounds promising! Can't wait to go there tomorrow.

Von raised a very important point tonight, though. He asked how we know that our Termimesh has been put in around the pipes before concrete was poured. We tried to zoom in on photos of concrete pouring but we can't tell. I've emailed Termimesh and will follow-up tomorrow. I can't believe I missed this step :C

I'm glad we've paid for the extra to get Termimesh in. It's extra peace of mind especially since termite damage isn't covered by insurance. The fact that it's chemical free and won't require top ups or inspections for the 10 year life of the warranty is a BIG bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment