Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We've Got a Roof!

Yey!  We now have a roof!  All done in ONE day, yesterday - amazing!  I went past around 10.30am and found that the roof on two sides have been completed.  By 4pm, it was all done, bar the lower roof (over the garage).

I contacted our site supervisor today and had to send a text as he was on the phone when I rang.  He rang back very quickly.  I was all praise again because he managed to squeeze in the roof as soon as it stopped raining, thereby, limiting the delay in construction.  He said, it may take a while for more to be done as the rain delays has meant his carpenter cannot finish the eaves for a little while (don't know how long).  This also means, they cannot start any internal work like the electrical stuff until the eaves are done because he's waiting for that before the lower roof can be done (I don't know why the lower roof is reliant on the eaves, though).

I, then, contacted our building inspector who has phoned me twice complaining that neither Clarendon, nor our site supervisor, return his calls even when they have all his paperwork and credentials already.  He also indicated that I need to be on top of things as he has heard that Clarendon is currently having some issues with some contractors, causing delays to construction.

Hmmm, so far, so good with Clarendon and our site supervisor.  Yes, there have been issues, but nothing we haven't been pleased with the results after sorting it out.  

I still think there is a market out there for a liaison officer who can attend to all these nitty gritty stuff that I have been attending to, which full-time working clients, just have no time for.  Thank goodness, we're in a position for me to hold off working as much as I used to and pick up casual work with flexible hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment