Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Inspection Follow-Up

I forwarded our inspection report to our site supervisor on Friday night as our inspector said the email was bouncing back.  It did the same for me and when I spoke with our CSO yesterday, she informed me that our supervisor could only receive text messages on his PDA, but that he would be in today, so she will print my email and the report for him and put it in his pigeon hole.

Our CSO also said she would contact the construction people because I was asking for a "Letter of Undertaking" that states what Clarendon would do because of the report.  Apparently, it is a legal document that binds them to finish whatever they say they will complete.  This was a recommendation from our Inspector.  Actually, our inspector also recommended that I obtain quite a number of certificates prior to handover.  There's about 11 on the list.

Today, our site supervisor assured me that everything on the document has been done except for the T junction girder brackets, which only has TEK screws because that is how they are now done and have been vertified by engineers as being enough.  I understood what he said so I didn't press the matter, especially because when I asked if Von could easily do it after handover, he said, he shouldn't even have to do that.  So, I was quite disappointed to find out today from our inspector that he had just done 3 re-inspections of Clarendon homes and all their site supervisors have done the bolting.

Our inspector's point of argument is that it will actually "prevent possible ceiling damage in the future as any movement from the tek screws will result in popping nails later causing undue maintenance in the defect liability period."  I may follow this up with higher authority as (1) it is in their best interest in the long run; (2) I would like to be entitled to what those three other homeowners got from the same company.

The damages to windows and doors are still to be fixed because our site supervisor normally gets those "fixed and cleaned" prior to handover.

No comments:

Post a Comment